Sunday, July 13, 2008

Introducing Mary T

This is a new venture for me as secretary of NANZQ.
The new committee who met in Wellington recently are a talented and motivated group of quilters with a good representation from across the country. We can look forward to some new and innovative ideas, as well as continuing many of the programs already in place.
Of the programs which NANZQ runs, especially important to me, are NANZQ Quilts Aotearoa, and the Masterclass.
I had a wonderful time at Vaughan Park doing the Masterclass with Ruth McDowell, and I would recommend it to anyone – what better way to spend five days that to sew, talk, eat and relax.
Quilts Aotearoa is the showcase for our members, and I would like to encourage everyone to enter, as I feel that entering competitions helps to raise the standard of our work. Remember, this year there is a first time entrant award so have a go, if you have never entered before....
I have been involved in Workshops by Mail, which has now finished. The shop directory is a great resource, and I am proud of the NANZQ sponsorship and support of Symposium prizes and forums.
Personally, I am committed to the idea of a National Association and I would like to see NANZQ grow and become the body which every New Zealand Quilter looks to for guidance, help and inspiration.

No comments: